(New throughout, adds byline) By Jonathan Stempel NEW YORK, Aug 18 (Reuters) - Illinois' Supreme Court on Thursday reversed a $1.06 billion judgment against State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co. in a case alleging the company used unsafe parts to repair damaged vehicles. The court voted 6-0 that the trial court erred in giving the case class-action status. A 4-2 majority also found that plaintiffs failed to establish damages in the case that affected about 4.7 million ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-State Farm $1.06 bln Illinois judgment reversed" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642