(Adds details) TORONTO, July 27 (Reuters) - The union representing workers at Stelco Inc.'s Lake Erie plant issued a 90-day strike notice on Wednesday in a bid to defeat the steelmaker's restructuring plan. In a letter to Stelco chief executive Courtney Pratt, the United Steelworkers said they have already notified key auto industry customers Ford Motor Co. and DaimlerChrysler of their intention to strike in late October. The notice comes less than two weeks after Stelco, which entered ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Stelco Lake Erie workers give 90-day strike notice" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.