(Wraps in union response, background) VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Nov 22 (Reuters) - Stelco Inc. has lost a contract to supply steel to General Motors Inc. , its biggest customer, because the insolvent Canadian steelmaker failed to strike a deal with its workers, the union at Stelco said on Monday. "An agreement has not been able to be reached to meet (GM's) conditions, so therefore the work is no longer available," said Ken Neumann, national director of the United Steelworkers of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Stelco loses contract to supply steel to GM-union" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642