(Adds Dacia management statement, paras 5-6) BUCHAREST, Feb 21 (Reuters) - Thousands of workers went on strike on Friday at Romanian car maker Dacia , owned by France's Renault SA , to press demands for higher pay. Marin Anghel, vice president of the plant's trade union, told Reuters some 7,000 of the plant's 16,500 workers joined the indefinite walkout to demand a 23 percent wage increase. One of Romania's biggest enterprises, the plant near the town of Pitesti northwest of Bucharest, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Strike hits Romania's Renault Dacia plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.