(Adds details) OTTAWA, Jan 23 (Reuters) - Canadian retail trade grew by a greater-than-expected 1.1 percent in November, driven by a 4.9 percent gain in new car sales, Statistics Canada said on Monday. Excluding the automotive sector, retail sales rose just 0.1 percent. Analysts had forecast an overall increase of 0.4 percent and a fall of 0.2 percent excluding autos. Statscan did not revise the overall 0.6 percent rise for October but cut the ex-autos category to a fall of 0.5 percent ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Strong Nov auto sales boost Canada retail trade" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642