(Adds details, background) FRANKFURT, March 27 (Reuters) - Volkswagen said on Monday that Japan's Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd. would take over its Volkswagen Bordnetze GmbH unit, which VW owns together with German industrial group Siemens . Bordnetze generated 2005 sales of 440 million euros ($527 million) through the exclusive supply to the German carmaker of harness fittings for electronic wiring. VW had earlier said it was in talks with Sumitomo Electric on a sale. It gave no ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Sumitomo Electric to take over VW's Bordnetze unit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.