(Recasts, adds details) TOKYO, Nov 30 (Reuters) - Japan's Sumitomo Metal Industries Ltd. said on Tuesday it will invest some 25 billion yen ($243 million) to boost annual output capacity of auto-use steel sheet by 30 percent to counter tight supply among the nation's auto makers. Rapid economic growth in China has stretched supplies worldwide, and Nissan Motor Co. said last week that it would temporarily suspend some production because it could not procure enough steel. Sumitomo, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Sumitomo Metal to lift auto-use steel output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642