TOKYO, Dec 26 (Reuters) - Japan's third-largest tyremaker, Sumitomo Rubber Industries Ltd, will absorb two subsidiaries, Ohtsu Tire and Rubber Co Ltd and Dunlop Japan Ltd, as early as next July, a newspaper reported on Thursday. The move, which will make Sumitomo Rubber the nation's second-largest tyre manufacturer, is aimed at boosting the competitiveness of the firm's group operations, the Nihon Keizai Shimbun said in its evening edition. Sumitomo Rubber, owned 10 percent by U.S.-based ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Sumitomo Rubber to absorb two units-paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.