(Updates with company comment, new targets) BUDAPEST, Nov 28 (Reuters) - Japan's Suzuki Motor Corp plans to lay off around 1,200 of its 5,523 workers at its Hungarian unit on a sharp drop in orders, the company said on Friday. Suzuki, one of Hungary's biggest exporters, lowered its 2008 production forecast to 282,000 units from an earlier target of 300,000 and expects to produce 210,000 cars next year, spokeswoman Viktoria Ruska told Reuters. "We are facing a drastic drop in orders and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Suzuki to lay off 1,200 workers in Hungary" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.