* Urges government to prioritise protecting economy * Says wants to sell over 2 mln units of new Swift (Adds details) TOKYO, Aug 26 (Reuters) - Japan's Suzuki Motor Corp is at the limit of what it can do to counter the strong yen from sapping profits, Chief Executive Osamu Suzuki said on Thursday, urging Japan's government to act to safeguard the economy. "Compared with two years ago, we've lost about 500 billion yen (in revenue) just from forex losses," the Suzuki chief told a news ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Suzuki near limit of what it can do against yen-CEO" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.