(Adds details, Daihatsu results) By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia auto correspondent TOKYO, April 24 (Reuters) - Suzuki Motor Corp reported a 12 percent rise in annual operating profit on Thursday thanks to booming car sales in India, but it forecast a 6.3 percent drop for this year to factor in a sharp slide in the dollar. The Japanese maker of compact cars expects operating profit to come to 140 billion yen ($1.35 billion) in the business year ending next March, when the sector faces massive ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Suzuki posts record earnings, sees drop this year" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.