Dec 21 (Reuters) - Suzuki Motor Corp plans to increase the annual production of its fuel-efficient gasoline engine fourfold to 400,000 units per year, the Nikkei business daily said. Japan's fourth-largest automaker will invest about 6 billion yen ($77.18 million) to build a facility at Kosai, Shizuoka Prefecture, the daily said. The company also plans to introduce the engine, which currently powers the Alto Eco minicar, in all its minivehicles within three years, the Nikkei said. At ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Suzuki to raise output of fuel-efficient engines - Nikkei" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.