(Adds General Motors) MOSCOW, Aug 26 (Reuters) - Russia outstripped Germany in new car sales for the first time in 2008. Market growth is expected to slow, but will continue in double digits in the coming years. Below is a table of foreign carmakers' 2008 sales targets in Russia as of Aug. 26, announced at the Moscow International Car Salon. MAKER 2008 (target) 2007 (actual) General Motors 400,000 260,000 Ford more than 200,000 175,000 Mitsubishi 140,000 100,000 Nissan 170,000 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-TABLE-Global carmakers target growth in Russia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.