(Updates with details, background, adds Daihatsu figures) TOKYO, Jan 26 (Reuters) - Japan's eight carmakers built more than 21 million vehicles in 2006, with roughly half of them produced overseas, data from the companies showed on Friday. Combined overseas output, excluding vehicles made by Japan's four truck makers, exceeded 10 million units for the first time last year as automakers attempt to build more cars closer to where they are sold. Top maker Toyota Motor Corp. alone ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-TABLE-Japan automakers Dec, full-year output, exports" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.