(Recasts with warning that strike could spread, call for talks) By Emma Thomasson BERLIN, June 23 (Reuters) - German engineering union IG Metall threatened on Monday to spread strike action in eastern Germany to the west of the country if talks set to resume from Thursday fail to bring a deal by the weekend. The strike, aimed at reducing weekly working hours for engineering workers in eastern Germany from 38 hours to the western norm of 35 hours, has been going on for three weeks in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Talks to resume as E.German strike hits carmakers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642