(updates with company spokesman) LONDON, Sept 24 (Reuters) - India's Tata Motors said on Thursday it is to consolidate two Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) auto plants in central England by 2014. A spokesman for the company said there would be no compulsory redundancies, and it is in talks about a significant new model development programme which could create new jobs. "They are going to consolidate two West Midlands factories into one over the next five years but they are also planning to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Tata to consolidate UK JLR auto plants" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.