(Adds details, comments) BOMBAY, July 29 (Reuters) - India's top vehicle maker, Tata Motors Ltd. , beat market forecasts on Friday with a surprise 22 percent rise in quarterly net profit, as cost cuts and strong sales abroad offset high raw material costs. India's $5 billion truck and bus market, the world's fifth largest, has enjoyed 30 percent annual growth in the past three years, driven by an improving network of highways and purchases to replace ageing trucks in Asia's third-biggest ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Tata Motors nets Q1 surprise on cost cuts, exports" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642