(Adds quote, details, share price) BOMBAY, Oct 29 (Reuters) - Tata Motors Ltd , India's largest truck maker, said on Wednesday its quarterly profit more than trebled as truck industry sales soared, powered by rising government investment to build a national highway network. The company is also the country's largest maker of buses and the third largest producer of both cars and utility vehicles. Sales were further buoyed by a shift in demand from older two-axle vehicles to larger ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Tata Motors Q2 net more than trebles, beats f'casts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.