(Adds CEO comments, details of restructuring actions) DETROIT, Oct 29 (Reuters) - Tenneco Inc is cutting 1,100 jobs worldwide and closing four North American manufacturing facilities as part of a restructuring which it estimates will save $64 million annually, the auto parts supplier said on Wednesday. Tenneco, which said it is responding to the "worsening industry downturn", expects to record up to $60 million in charges -- about $44 million in cash -- related to the restructuring steps ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Tenneco to cut 1,100 jobs, close facilities" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.