(Adds additional details on affected employees and background.) CHICAGO, Aug 23 (Reuters) - Auto parts maker Tenneco Inc. said on Wednesday that it was freezing pension benefits for most of its U.S. workers effective Jan. 1, becoming the latest U.S. company to say it is no longer willing to guarantee the post-retirement security of its employees. The company, which makes mufflers and shock absorbers, said the move would affect about 5,400 salaried and nonunion hourly employees. Starting ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Tenneco freezing pension plan for most US workers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.