* Tesla has yet to produce a profit * Q2 loss of $58.9 mln vs year-ago loss of $38.5 mln * Revenue rises to $58.2 mln from $28.4 mln DETROIT, Aug 3 (Reuters) - Electric car maker Tesla Motors Inc reported a deeper second-quarter loss on Wednesday as sharply higher spending on research and development for upcoming vehicles more than offset revenue gains. Tesla reported a net loss of $58.9 million or 60 cents per share, compared with the loss of $38.5 million or $5.04 per-share logged ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Tesla reports second-quarter loss" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.