(Adds details on costs, lawsuit from CEO blog post) LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Electric car start-up Tesla Motors Inc has slashed production costs for its flagship Roadster sports car by 43 percent to about $80,000 per vehicle as of June, its chief executive said Monday. Tesla, one of the biggest players in the burgeoning electric car sector, could be profitable as soon as next month, helped by demand for its premium-priced Roadster Sport, CEO Elon Musk said in a blogpost on the company's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Tesla slashes production costs, eyes July profit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.