(Adds details) SHANGHAI, Aug 18 (Reuters) - Merchants Bank Co. Ltd. posted its eighth-straight quarter of double digit growth on Thursday, beating expectations as China's largest domestically listed lender grappled with nationwide lending curbs and a swelling pool of sour debt. Beijing's clampdown on credit, which curtailed investment and lending to overheated sectors from steel to automobiles, could erode banks' bottom lines in 2005, though analysts say Merchants Bank should fare better ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Top China listed lender Merchants Bank's Q2 up 23 pct" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.