(Adds details, background) TOKYO, July 29 (Reuters) - Toshiba Corp said on Tuesday it expects to shoulder a one-time loss of about 25 billion yen ($232.7 million) in the current fiscal year from the recently planned closure of its local mobile broadcasting joint venture. Toshiba will announce the impact of the extraordinary loss on its earnings as soon as further details are available, it said. In April, Toshiba forecast a net profit of 130 billion yen for the year to March 2009. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toshiba sees $233 mln cost as unit ends services" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.