(Adds detail, quotes) BOMBAY, Feb 24 (Reuters) - Japanese car maker Toyota Motor Corp. plans to double its share of the rapidly growing Indian market to 10 percent by 2010 and is examining new launches, senior company officials said on Thursday. The automobiles giant, which already exports transmissions from its Bangalore plant, is also open to increasing auto components exports, and possibly, even source research from India over the longer term, officials said. "We are positively ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyota aims to double India market share" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.