(Adds background) TOKYO, Aug 22 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp aims to sell around 10.4 million vehicles worldwide in 2009, helped by increasing demand in North America as well as China and other emerging economies, business daily Nikkei reported on Wednesday. Toyota, neck and neck with General Motors Corp as the world's biggest automaker, is cranking up market share in mature regions such as North America and Europe with fuel-efficient cares such as the Prius hybrid and RAV4 crossover as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyota aims to sell 10.4 mln vehicles in 2009-paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.