(Recasts, adds company comment, details, share price) TOKYO, Nov 1 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp, Japan's largest automaker, plans to build a new truck and sports utility vehicle plant in San Antonio, Texas as it looks to boost its growing U.S. market share, the Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun said on Friday. The industry paper said the plant, which would be Toyota's sixth in North America, would have an annual output capacity of 100,000 vehicles and could go online as early as 2005. Toyota's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyota to build plant in Texas -- paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.