(Adds Daihatsu plan, details) TOKYO, April 26 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp. said on Tuesday it would invest $40 million to increase annual output capacity at a plant in Indonesia by 43 percent by the end of this year to meet strong demand for its IMV trucks. Toyota, Japan's biggest auto maker, said it would increase the production capacity at its Karawang plant to 100,000 pickup trucks per year from the current 70,000. It also said PT Astra Daihatsu Motor, which makes small cars ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyota to up capacity at Indonesian plant by 43%" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.