(Updates with schedule for reopening) TOKYO, Nov 22 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp.'s car assembly unit, Toyota Auto Body Co. Ltd. , said on Tuesday it had suspended its main plant in central Japan after a fire, but added that operations would return to normal next week. The fire, which started around 6 p.m. on Monday and was extinguished about four hours later, damaged a part of the painting facilities but there were no injuries. The plant, located in Aichi prefecture, is the largest ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyota car plant halted after fire, to resume Monday" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.