(Adds background) By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia auto correspondent NAGOYA, Japan, Dec 25 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp will charge further into emerging car markets aiming to achieve another year of record sales in 2008, likely cementing its title as the world's biggest automaker ahead of General Motors Corp . Toyota, already the world's most profitable and valuable carmaker, said on Tuesday it expects to make a record 9.95 million vehicles next year with units Daihatsu Motor Co and Hino ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyota to cement top spot in 2008, widen gap with GM" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642