(Adds company, analyst comment, forecasts, stock action) By Ben Blanchard SHANGHAI, Aug 24 (Reuters) - Toyota's main partner in China posted a 79 percent slump in second-quarter earnings on Tuesday, hit by credit curbs, but analysts said the second half should be better if Beijing eases up on the economic brakes. Tianjin FAW Xiali Automobile Ltd. , which makes Toyota Motor Corp.'s Vios and Corolla sedans, said gross profit in the first nine months would slide by more than half, a sign ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyota China partner Q2 slumps, price wars bite" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.