Aug 26 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp , the world's biggest automaker, will cut its global production capacity by 10 percent, or 1 million vehicles, the Nikkei business daily reported. The production cut will come as early as this fiscal year to raise utilization at underused plants, the paper said. The automaker plans to initiate the cuts by first shutting down New United Motor Manufacturing Inc (NUMMI), a joint venture with General Motors Co [GM.UL], and halting production lines at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyota to cut global capacity by 1 mln vehicles-Nikkei" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.