(Adds details, background) By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia Autos Correspondent TOKYO, July 28 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp on Monday cut its 2008 group-based global sales forecast by 350,000 units to 9.5 million vehicles due to a pronounced downturn in the U.S. market, in a rare setback for the world's biggest automaker. The weaker sales outlook also means global production at the parent company would fall 1 percent to 8.43 million vehicles, marking the first decline in seven years. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyota cuts '08 outlook,sees 1st output fall in 7 yrs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.