(Recasts first sentence, adds details) DETROIT, Sept 30 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp. said on Thursday it will double the number of Prius hybrid-electric cars that it sends to the U.S. market to 100,000 units annually next year, making it the Japanese automaker's third best-selling sedan. Rising U.S. gasoline prices have boosted demand for the Japan-made Prius sedan, which can get up to 55 miles per gallon. Buyers in some parts of the United States wait up to six months for their cars ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyota doubles Prius hybrid cars for U.S. market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.