(Adds details, background) By Alison Leung GUANGZHOU, China, July 23 (Reuters) - Japan's largest carmaker Toyota Motor Corp and Guangzhou Automobile Industry Group plan to form a joint venture to make sedans in southern China, a top city official told Reuters on Wednesday. Lin Yuan He, executive vice mayor of Guangzhou, said the tie-up to make Camry sedans was awaiting approval from Beijing. "The negotiations have been proceeding very smoothly, and construction can start right after ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyota, Guangzhou Auto close to China JV -official" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.