(Adds details, executive's comments) By Edwina Gibbs and Alison Leung TOKYO/GUANGZHOU, May 23 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp.'s first Chinese-built Camry sedan rolled off assembly lines on Tuesday, a U.S. success story that the company hopes will spearhead a drive into an affluent middle-class market. The Camry also marks a milestone in China in terms of volume growth for Toyota, putting the relative latecomer on an even footing with Japanese rivals from Honda Motor Co. Ltd. to Nissan ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyota heads down new road in China with Camry" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642