(Adds Toyota is world's richest automaker) By Tom Brown DETROIT, April 27 (Reuters) - With friends like Toyota Motor Corp. , the world's richest automaker, do struggling General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Co. really need enemies? That question has been making the rounds among auto industry observers since Monday, when Toyota Chairman Hiroshi Okuda suggested Japanese automakers should raise their U.S. car prices to help GM and Ford out of the deepening financial mess they're in. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyota help offer leaves some in Detroit fuming" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.