(Updates throughout, changes dateline, PVS TOKYO) SHANGHAI, April 24 (Reuters) - Japanese carmaker Toyota denied on Thursday a media report it had ordered staff out of Beijing as SARS spreads across China, but said it was helping Japanese staff and families wishing to go home for holidays. "We're not putting pressure on any of our employees. If they want to go back to Japan for the holidays, we'll help make things more convenient for them," said Sun Tuoya, a Toyota spokeswoman in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyota helping staff leave China's capital" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.