March 28 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp's Canadian unit, Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada, said it will invest C$80 million to increase production of its RAV4 sports utility vehicles at its Woodstock, Ontario, assembly plant, adding 400 jobs. The plant's RAV4 production capacity will be expanded to 200,000 units per year in early 2013 from 150,000 units at present. Ray Tanguay, chairman of Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada, said strong sales of the RAV4 in North America led to the decision ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyota to increase RAV4 production in Canada" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.