* Plans to make India export hub for its small cars by 2012 * Will provide it a competitive edge in the global market * (Adds details) By Janaki Krishnan NEW DELHI, Aug 28 (Reuters) - Toyota Kirloskar Motor is planning to make India an export hub for small cars by 2012, including of a compact car that is being designed in Japan for Indian conditions. Toyota, which owns 89 percent of the Indian venture, is set to start production of the compact car at its new plant in the southern ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyota India unit to become export hub for small cars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.