(Adds details, background) TOKYO, Oct 28 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp. will invest up to 111 billion yen ($1 billion) to expand production of vehicles and parts in Japan to meet brisk sales growth worldwide, the world's second-biggest car maker said on Thursday. Part of the investment will be spent on new assembly lines at two domestic vehicle plants, with operations due to start in late 2005, a spokesman said. As a result, output capacity will rise to 3.8 million units a year in Japan ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyota to invest up to $1 bln to raise Japan output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.