(Adds details, background, ST PETERSBURG dateline) ST PETERSBURG/TOKYO, April 26 (Reuters) - Japan's Toyota Motor Corp. plans to invest 15 billion yen ($142 million) for a new car plant in Russia with initial capacity to build 50,000 Camry sedans a year starting late 2007. The plant, near Russia's second-largest city of St Petersburg, would initially produce about 20,000 cars a year, Japan's top auto maker said in a statement on Tuesday. "We have been looking at the Russian market with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyota to invest $142 mln in new Russia plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.