(Follows alerts) July 29 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp will launch a small car designed for the Chinese market as early as 2013, the Nikkei business daily reported. The new car, powered by a 1.5-liter engine, will be slightly larger than the Etios and priced below 1 million yen ($12,853.6), the paper said. Toyota intends to cut costs by using Etios parts. It plans to spend about 40 billion yen to prepare for local production of about 200,000 units a year, the paper said. Toyota, which ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyota to launch small car for China in 2013 - Nikkei" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.