(Adds background) By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia auto correspondent TOKYO, Aug 31 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp said on Friday it expects its group's worldwide sales to expand to 10.4 million vehicles in 2009, up 18 percent from last year, as it grabs a bigger share in mature markets and taps growing demand in China and other emerging countries. Toyota, along with minivehicle unit Daihatsu Motor Co and truck maker Hino Motors Ltd , sold a record 8.81 million vehicles in 2006, putting the group ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyota maps out road to 10.4 mln unit sales in '09" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642