(Updates throughout) By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia auto correspondent TOKYO, June 27 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp. , whose runaway success has fanned talk of a political backlash in the United States, took pains on Monday to highlight its focus on environmental and safety issues in the years ahead. "Our main mission as a company is to contribute to a better society," President Katsuaki Watanabe, who took up his post last week, told a news conference on Monday held to introduce the company's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyota mgmt stresses 'social role' as sales balloon" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.