(Updates with Toyota comments) TOKYO, May 31 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp. said on Tuesday it had made no decision yet on whether it would commercialise the humanoid robots it is developing. "We're still just at a trial stage, having just set up a separate division to develop humanoid robots," a spokesman said. His comments follow a report in the Asahi newspaper that Japan's top auto maker aimed to start selling robots that can help look after elderly people or serve tea to guests by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyota: no business plans yet for humanoid robots" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642