(Adds company response, background) TOKYO, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp plans to introduce an ultracompact car in Europe around 2009, tapping growing demand for fuel-efficient small cars to meet the region's tight emission regulations, the Nikkei business daily said on Tuesday. The car will be produced in Japan, starting at about 100,000 vehicles a year, and Toyota may also sell the model in Japan, the daily said, adding that the price has yet to be determined. Toyota, the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyota plans ultracompact car for Europe -paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642