(Adds detail, background) By Chang-Ran Kim TOKYO, Oct 30 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp , Japan's biggest automaker, reported a 44.3 percent jump in half-year operating profit to another record on Wednesday, helped by healthy sales in North America and cost-cutting efforts. Group operating profit for April-September came in at 730.83 billion yen ($5.94 billion). The strong first-half profit figures, though flagged in an apparent leak to business daily Nihon Keizai last week, exceeded ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyota posts 44.3 pct jump in H1 operating profit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.