* Toyota decision follows similiar move by GM * 4,500 jobs at stake in production wind down (updates with second source, jobs figure) DETROIT/WASHINGTON, Aug 27 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp has decided to end production at a California plant it shared with General Motors Co for 25 years, industry sources said on Thursday. Two sources, who had direct knowledge of the decision but were not authorized to speak on the record, confirmed that the Japanese automaker would not continue ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyota to pull out of California plant-sources" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642