(Adds details, background) TOKYO, May 27 (Reuters) - Japan's Toyota Motor Corp said on Thursday it would raise the output capacity at its British plant to 285,000 units a year by early 2005 from 220,000 units to meet rising demand for its Avensis and Corolla models. Last year, the world's second-largest auto maker had said it would increase the capacity to 270,000 units at the Burnaston plant, but Toyota said that was not enough to satisfy orders. The expansion will require additional ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyota to raise UK output capacity by one-third" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642